The BODY portion of the campaign will enable Catawba to achieve our goals by improving facilities that match our expectations for students. The college plans to raise $7.3 million for these projects.
Artificial Turf on Kirkland Field and New Video Board, Shuford Stadium - $1.3 Million
- Weather-related problems associated with a grass field will be solved. No more unplayable conditions after a torrential thunderstorm and muddy conditions after a rainstorm. No 20-minute waits for field drainage before a game or practice. All Catawba field teams will benefit, particularly football and men’s and women’s lacrosse — teams that will play home games on the artificial turf.
- Maintenance costs such as mowing, fertilizing and handling pesticides associated with a grass field will be eliminated.
- More space for other Catawba activities such as the marching band, intramurals and club sports. These activities will be enhanced with the turf field available for up to 16 hours a day/7 days a week.
- The community will have a place for camps and other activities such as Friday night high school football games.
- Belk Track around the field will be renovated.
- New state-of-the-art Video Scoreboard will be installed.
Abernethy PE Center New Locker Rooms, Renovated Coaches’ Offices - $1.1 Million
- Locker room renovations will allow Catawba men and women athletes space to connect and grow as swim, tennis, track and field teams and to be mentally prepared for games, meets, or matches.
- Updated shower and restroom facilities will help Catawba’s sustainability campaign with more efficient plumbing that reduces daily use of water.
- First-floor offices will be renovated.
Outdoor Beach Volleyball - $250,000
- Construction of two new volleyball courts to NCAA regulations will allow for the creation of a Beach Volleyball Team that will compete in the region and to enroll up to 15 new students.
- Student Affairs will be able to increase intramural and/or club sport activities.
Whitley Softball Field Lighting - $221,000
- Night games will enhance our program, allowing working parents to travel to games and allowing student to play games without missing class.
- The community will have a place for camps and other activities, when the field not used by the college.
Newman Park Baseball Field Renovation - $4 Million
- Coming soon – Plans in progress for Phase 1 renovation of Newman Park.
Frock Athletic Complex Restrooms/Concession - $500,000
- The experience for softball and soccer players as well as fans will be enhanced with easily accessible facilities.
BODY Campaign Progress
© 2019 MIND, BODY, SOUL: Catawba’s Campaign for Growth | Powered by Miller Davis
© 2019 MIND, BODY, SOUL: Catawba’s Campaign for Growth
Powered by Miller Davis